Below are links to some websites providing useful information to Federal Retirees in Alberta.
FEDERAL RETIREES NATIONAL WEBSITE
- All other branches can be found through this website.
- Membership Information and Application forms can be found here.
- A number of documents can be accessed from your personal page on the national website. Click on “Log In” on the right side of the black bar near the top of the page.
- If you have not already created your profile, follow the steps to create it.
- When you have created or logged in to your profile, look under My Documents, then you can Click on Survivors Workbook 2013 – (the most recent issue of the “You and Your Survivors Workbook)”.
- You will also find the current and recent issues of SAGE magazine.
- Other documents which may be of interest are also here
- Spousal and/or Orphan Survivor Benefits AND Things to do when your Spouse Dies
- This link includes phone numbers for the Public Service, Armed Forces, RCMP and Federal Judges pension offices.
HEALTH RELATED RESOURCES
- Details of the Pensioners Dental Services Plan are on the Treasury Board Secretariat website.
- The My Sun Life sign-in page is here
- Click here for the Alberta Dental Association and College fee guide for 2018. However, Alberta Dentists may set their own rates.
- The PDSP pays claims based on a guide developed by Sun Life for that purpose.
- Sun Life also has an “Alberta Dental Fee Finder” webpage to help you compare dental fees in your postal code area. Check it out HERE.
**If you are eligible for Alberta Blue Cross (ABC) dental coverage, or you would like to compare your bills to what ABC would pay, the ABC rates are here:
- The Alberta Seniors Programs and Services Guide can be found HERE.
- A wide variety of resources for Albertans, including Seniors, can be found through links on: http://www.informalberta.ca/public/common/initializeDirectoryList.do
- Are you looking for a list of care providers? Go to www.thecareguide.com , or call 1 800 975 9736
- The Alberta Caregivers Association is an organization of caregivers for caregivers. They are here to help caregivers maintain their well-being during their care giving journey. The association offers information, education, support, networking, and advocacy to make caregivers’ lives less difficult.
- Are you worried about falling? Check out the resources at Finding Balance Alberta.
- A lot of resources for Seniors can be found through The Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton – SAGE (Although our quarterly magazine is now called SAGE, we have no relationship to this organization. Their website is: https://www.mysage.ca)
Click on the highlighted links below to find some opportunities for expanding your knowledge.
- Check out the University of Alberta's Edmonton Lifelong Learners Association (ELLA)
- Grant MacEwan University's Minerva Senior Studies Institute offers several courses and programs of interest to Seniors.
- The Globe and Mail has several articles on various retirement issues.
The Dealhack Canadian Senior Discounts List is the result of Dealhack's quarterly survey of brands that offer seniors discounts.
Every 3 months, the Dealhack team independently verifies each and every discount on the website. Click here to see what discounts are available through Dealhack.
PREFERRED PARTNERS DISCOUNTS
There are several Preferred Partners listed on the Federal Retirees main page, offering substantial discounts to Federal Retiree members. Some of these benefits require an ID Code.
To access member benefit and find the ID codes, you will need to log in from the Federal Retirees National Website
- Choose Log in from the top menu bar.
- Log in using your Membership Number and set your password
- Once logged in, on the left side of the menu, click on "My member benefits."
- From "My Member Benefits", click on "start saving now" to download the PDF with the Preferred Partner codes.