What is Vacations for Vets?
Vacations for Vets provides veterans with a serious illness or injury the opportunity to take a vacation with their families. Developed by Shell Vacations Club Canada and the Director General Morale and Welfare Services (DGMWS), this program offers an affordable getaway and a meaningful thank you to those who have served.
“We are thrilled to offer the Vacations for Vets program to Canadian Forces members and veterans,” said Nancy Branco, Corporate Outreach Manager at DGMWS. “Through Vacations for Vets, certain veterans and their families can have access to one week of free accommodation at one of Shell Vacations Club’s 24 properties throughout North America.”
Travel options range from a snowy ski trip to Whistler, BC, to a beachside getaway in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Shell Vacations Club offers a variety of opportunities for a relaxing holiday.
Since its launch in 2012, Vacations for Vets has arranged many holidays for both current military members and veterans. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. The program provides participants with a unique opportunity to travel with their spouses, children and even extended family members. Please note that travel to and from the vacation is not included.
How can I apply?
- Be in receipt of a Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) benefit for an illness or injury related to military service in a Special Duty Area or Special Duty Operation. This includes all Second World War and Korean War veterans with disability benefits related to their war service.
- Obtain a letter from VAC* stating that they receive a benefit. The letter will not include any benefit details.
- Complete the Reservation Request Form.
- Send the completed form and the VAC letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all 2017 booking dates for the Vacation for Vets program are now full.
* VAC toll-free numbers: 1-866-522-2122 (English)/ 1-866-522-2022 (French)