Welcome to the Peterborough and Area Branch website
Have you noticed a trend in recent emails and web postings? We need volunteers. Being a volunteer means helping out in a small way according to your talents and interests. You get to write your job description.
- Are you comfortable using a spreadsheet? Analyze our 1000+ member database quarterly.
- Mail your federal member of Parliament on behalf of the organization. A sample email is supplied for you to customize and send. Frequency of four to five times a year. We need one rep for each of the six federal ridings.
- Are you interested in veterans issues? We need a point person to suggest content for our emails and/or web site.
- Do you like shopping? Provide information on deals for seniors such as what days are seniors days for stores in your area.
- Is there an upcoming meeting in your area? Assist with meeting coordination, venue selection and meet & greet attendees and guests.
- Are you good with computers? We are sadly lacking here. There are many needs. Possible tasks are updating the web site using the HQ content management system. With such a large area it would be ideal if volunteers could meet via video conference.
- An urgent need is to provide members ongoing information on staying safe - both online and other approaches. Ideally a tip or web reference on this topic will be contained in every e-blast. At the same time, we’ll be creating a reference area on the web site.